Total Time (min)
Prep Time (min)
- 1 (16 ounce) box Traditional Sauerkraut or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sauerkraut
- 8 ounces sliced pastrami
- 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- ¼ cup Russian dressing
- Sliced pickles for garnish
- Boil pierogies as directed on package; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat in hot butter, sauté pierogies, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Arrange pierogies on serving plate.
- Meanwhile, warm sauerkraut in a small saucepan .
- Place a folded piece of pastrami on each pierogy. Top each pierogy with a piece of Swiss cheese and some sauerkraut. Spoon some Russian dressing on each. Garnish plate with sliced pickles.